Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Story Arcs Leading to Addicted Fans





well first off if anyone was interested I found all the transcripts of the show here. I was just searching and I found that, it seemed pretty cool.


I really am lost at what to say here. I dont know the show well enough to get deeply into a topic. When reading the article I found the term Mytharc to be appealing. So I have been searching google for anything I might find about mytharcs. At one site I learned all about the Lone Gunmen and all they want to do is know the truth. So these three guys will go at any cost to find this truth and expose it to the media. When I think about government conspiracies I immediately think of Alias. This show I watched religiously and that was basically the whole show how the government was hiding all these horrible things. I dont know if that alone allows the term Mytharc to suggest what Alias is, but there was definately a story arc to the show. It needed to be watched weekly in order to understand it. As for shows like Buffy and Charmed, well they had the mythology behind it, they had the monster-of-the-week episodes.


All of these shows that I have mentioned have a huge following. The fan fiction is extrodinary. Each show X-files, Alias, Buffy, and Charmed can all be found easily and in all languages. People become pretty obsessive about their TV shows. Shows that provide lots of questioning and hardly any answers will probably gain a greater response from the fans becuase there is so much to talk about. Everyone likes to share their thoughts about their show, and they want to hear what other people think. That has to be why Fan Fiction is so popular. I haven't ever read it, but who knows I might start becuase some things looked appealing to me! Anyways, the more the views get involved with the characters and the story line the more theories and ideas will be evolved ending with endless websites dedicated to all these shows that have appealing story arcs.

No comments: